Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Miss Independent

My little independent one. You are quite the trip. I am learning that I am going to have to start to set the alarm a little earlier since you insist on "helping" each morning as we scramble to get out the door. From picking out and putting on your clothes, walking down the steps holding my hand and climbing and buckling yourself into your booster - if I even try to rush you, you aren't afraid to let me know with an, "I do it Mommy!"




You look so cute with your chubby little fingers grasping the screws as you "help" your Daddy build a toy box, or assemble a bookshelf. And even though you accidentally put a few wooden pegs into the wrong holes (where they quickly got stuck) the look of accomplishment on your face is too cute to scold. You are such a big girl!

I love to watch your face as you play. You concentrate so hard, figuring things out on your own. Turning the pieces over in your hands as you contemplate how the blocks interlock. Or how the puzzle snaps together.






And then look up with a smile to make sure someone is watching....


...so proud of yourself. And even if "your way" isn't "my way", I have to remember to let you learn, figure things out on your own. Only step in if you are in danger or on the verge of getting too frustrated.


Even if I think bubbles taste gross - you must not mind too much!


I know that you'll figure it out, find your way. Learn from your mistakes.

Although I definitely don't mind when I hear you say, "Help you Mommy," which really means, "Mommy, I need help!" Don't worry little girl, I'll always be here to help.

1 comment:

  1. Becky this was the sweetest post, yeah I totally just teared up reading it! :) You and Emma have an amazing relationship...and you are a wonderful Mama :)

    ReplyDelete