Friday, April 8, 2011

Flashback Friday

So it's Friday - my favorite day of the week. And what a long, stressful, cold and wet week this has been. Between the threat of a government shut-down, the Ohio governor's insane budget proposal's effect on school funding, and the fact that this has been the coldest Spring in 18 years - I am MORE than ready for the weekend.
Why? Because I get to spend it with this little girl!

Hopefully outside, enjoying a much warmer and long overdue Spring-like weekend. Fingers crossed the rain stays away because we are itching to clean the salt and dirt out of the garage, bring down the toys from the attic, and air out our stuffy house. This weekend we'll also get to see most of my "townhome" family and other friends at "Jack's" 30th birthday extravaganza.


(This is a super old picture of the "family" a.k.a my roommates from college - wow do we look young! And we were camping, so please excuse our gross appearance.)

Emma will be spending the night with her "Ga" so Duane and I can enjoy some adult time (and probably some adult beverages) with friends, a bonfire and music. The perfect way to kick off the Spring.



Although, this is what happens when you put Joyce in charge of a party and the drinks - too much tequila!

If you are reading this you might be wondering where in the heck all of these random old pictures are coming from. Well, in an effort to cheer myself up after reading the news over lunch- I decided to check out some old pictures I had on my computer. These are pictures that I've randomly pulled from Facebook or other sources, pictures that have been scanned in for various events, or pictures that people have sent over time. Besides, I needed a good laugh.


For example, I've determined that my parents were just as cool as us on Halloween - dressing up and hosting parties in the old house in Liberty Hill. I mean, check out my Mom & Dad!


And don't they always say that you "marry your father" - check out Duane's costume from a few years back; although my dad never saw it, he would have totally found it to be hilarious.


The best part about this was we sold this on Ebay for more than we paid for it originally!

And speaking of Halloween, this was a picture we had scanned to embarass Brian at his college Graduation party. It still makes me laugh!



We all look so thrilled, don't we?


But not as much as this one, between my mom's perm, our awesome station wagon, Brian & Kristin's huge cheesy smiles, and our sweet, pink velcro Kangaroo shoes -nothing screams 80's more!



Crazy thing is the glasses my mom is wearing are coming back in style!
But this one takes the cake - taken on some ride in Disney in Orlando, a trip we took the summer before Duane and I got married. Wow, are we super serious. And my mom and I look identical.


The best part? Kristin and I took first and second place respectively.


There are plenty more pictures where these came from - but I'll save them for another post.


Until then, I hope you all have a fabulous weekend wherever you may be.


1 comment:

  1. Loved your flashback pics! :) Hope y'all are getting some warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete