Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Like Mother, Like Daughter

It is no secret that Emma looks a lot like me. We have similar skin tone and as a baby I was equally as bald with the same chubby cheeks. It's pretty striking when you look back at baby pictures - so much so that even Emma will see a picture of me as a toddler and say, "Emma!"

Don't believe me, I can prove it...in another post. I'll need to scan in some old baby pictures of myself. :)

It is also no secret that my mom and I look a lot alike too - especially when I look back at pictures of her and my dad when they were first dating/married. Not to say that we didn't also look alike as kids - but those pictures aren't as readily accessible.

Don't believe me? Check out these pictures I found while cleaning out my hard drive.

(This is one of my favorite pictures ever of my parents.)

(Please excuse the cleavage - I was probably at least 6 months pregnant in this picture!)

Definitely a striking resemblance - don't you agree?

I think when you are a pre-teen and people tell you that you look like your mom or dad you kind of groan - I mean that is not exactly what you want to hear, right? At that age you do everything in your power to avoid all connection to your parents.

But as you get older you come to appreciate the comments and even take them as a compliment.

I hope that Emma has the same sentiment someday herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment